Register of Deeds
PO Box 27
Central City, NE 68826
Courthouse hours: 8:00 - 5:00
The register of deeds has the power to take acknowledgments, administer oaths, and certify the same by his or her signature. The register must keep a book in which every instrument filed for record in his or her office is entered and an official seal. The register of deeds may appoint one or more deputies for whose acts the register will be responsible. The deputy may not be the county treasurer, sheriff, clerk or surveyor. If a register of deeds is not elected pursuant to section 32-518, the county clerk shall act as ex officio register of deeds.
- Recording of all land records, deeds, mortgages, liens, surveys, plats, subdivisions, etc.
- Recording of Cemetary lot deeds
- Recording of Armed Services Discharge Papers
- Recording of Associations papers, Bonds, Liens, and Miscellaneous records
- State & Federal Tax Liens records
- Maintenance of permanent records dating back to the late 1800's
- Keeper of UCC & EFS records filed before July 1, 1999